Year 10 STEAM
This course links maths, technology, art design and science. Each term students will work on a project that integrates these subjects and develop and enhance their skills in each along the way.
Possible projects could be:
- Design of a zero-energy home
- Roller Coasters - gravity, acceleration, kinetic energy, potential energy, and G-force
- Sustainable food growth
- Develop a digital media outcome
This course will encompass:
- Modelling positive collaborative behaviour
- Establishing teamwork procedures and rationale
- Assessing teamwork progress
- Encouraging students to share successes
Assessment InformationStudents will be assessed on the development and design of their projects each term as well as their outcomes.
All subject selections are provisional only and are subject to:
- meeting any course entry requirements
- minimum class sizes
- the availability of teaching staff
and the final decision is at the discretion of the Head of Learning Area for that subject.