Level 1 History
Teacher in Charge: Mr M. Hurley
The History course at Level 1 is focussed on the central theme 'Achieving Social Justice'. What challenges did different groups of people face as they sought to improve their lives?
We will look at a range of twentieth century contexts which could include:
- Mau Independence Movement in Samoa
- the Dawn Raids
- Māori Resistance to Land Loss
- South Africa under the Apartheid system
- Quest for Civil Rights in the United States
Assessment will comprise three internal standards and two external standards for NCEA Level 1. Each standard is worth four credits.
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
All subject selections are provisional only and are subject to:
- meeting any course entry requirements
- minimum class sizes
- the availability of teaching staff
and the final decision is at the discretion of the Head of Learning Area for that subject.