Level 2 Classical Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mr M. Hurley
This course focusses on the art and architecture, literature and historical events of both ancient Rome and Greece. Students will be required to understand and analyse the ideas and values of the classical world. Students should have good reading and writing skills for this course. Topics we will be studying:
- Art History: a selection of art from Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Greek social history and significant events in the Peloponnesian War
- Literature: Homeric epic or Greek tragedy
Recommended Prior Learning
There are no entry requirements for this course. However, it is beneficial to have achieved Level 1 credits in English.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
All subject selections are provisional only and are subject to:
- meeting any course entry requirements
- minimum class sizes
- the availability of teaching staff
and the final decision is at the discretion of the Head of Learning Area for that subject.