Level 3 Sports Performance
Teacher in Charge: Mr T. Madar
This course is designed for students who are passionate about sport, who want to improve their sport-related fitness and skills, and use their sporting interests as a context for wider learning. The course also develops valuable social, cooperative and leadership skills that will assist young people in their sporting journeys and other life endeavours. The course draws upon assessments from a range of learning areas, including Physical Education and Health, using sport as the main context of learning.
Students will be expected to:
● Build on their knowledge to develop a basic training programme relevant to their sport
● Consistently training and keep a record of training log and progress
● Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and use interpersonal skills.
● Participate consistently and effectively in all class settings.
● Plan and implement a physical activity event
● Be involved in an extracurricular activity.
Recommended Prior Learning
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 22 credits.
All subject selections are provisional only and are subject to:
- meeting any course entry requirements
- minimum class sizes
- the availability of teaching staff
and the final decision is at the discretion of the Head of Learning Area for that subject.