Year 10 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Ms M. Figgest
Step out of your comfort zone, build friendships and discover yourself in Year 10 Drama. The year-long course will develop practical knowledge and ideas about drama while strengthening communication and interpretation skills through the exploration of dramatic techniques when creating and performing group dramas.
Students will learn about:
- Drama techniques, elements, conventions and technologies
- Theatre forms (Physical Theatre and Elizabethan Theatre)
- Analysing live theatre
- Preparing a role for a production
This course lays the foundations for NCEA Level One Drama.
Recommended Prior Learning
All subject selections are provisional only and are subject to:
- meeting any course entry requirements
- minimum class sizes
- the availability of teaching staff
and the final decision is at the discretion of the Head of Learning Area for that subject.