Level 2 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Ms M. Figgest
In Year 12 Drama Students will:
- Further develop skills in research and the ability to critically evaluate and refine ideas to develop drama in specific dramatic forms.
- Explore the purposes of production, performance, and technologies of drama in a range of contexts
- Develop skills in devising and scripted work, making purposeful decisions about the use of drama techniques, conventions, elements and technologies
- Rehearse and perform works in a range of dramatic forms
- Respond to and make critical judgements about rehearsal processes and performances.
- Discuss and evaluate the use of drama techniques, conventions, and technologies to communicate a social or political issue through a particular theatre form in their own work and in the work of their peers.
Recommended Prior Learning
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Stationery: Clear file folder.
Students are required to see two live performances in the year as a requirement for their external assessment.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
All subject selections are provisional only and are subject to:
- meeting any course entry requirements
- minimum class sizes
- the availability of teaching staff
and the final decision is at the discretion of the Head of Learning Area for that subject.