Level 3 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Ms M. Figgest
Recommended Prior Learning
In Year 13 Drama students will:
- Research, analyse, and critically evaluate how drama, including New Zealand drama, interprets, records, or challenges social and cultural discourse.
- Research, analyse, and integrate elements, techniques, conventions, and technologies in dramatic forms for specific purposes.
- Analyse, rehearse, and perform works in a range of dramatic forms, assuming a variety of artistic and technical responsibilities.
- Reflect on and critically evaluate a wide range of works and performances.
- Research, critically evaluate, and refine ideas to create original drama work.
The Year 13 production requires considerable extra commitment from students. They should be prepared to commit a minimum of two weekends and three evenings for performance.
The Creative Arts - Drama
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Stationery: A clear file folder
Students are required to see two live performances in the year as a requirement for their external assessment.
All subject selections are provisional only and are subject to:
- meeting any course entry requirements
- minimum class sizes
- the availability of teaching staff
and the final decision is at the discretion of the Head of Learning Area for that subject.